SPIGOTS / HOSEBIBS
- Don’t leave your hose hooked up in the winter months below freezing.
- If you’re concerned about your pipes freezing, let your faucet drip through the night and leave cabinet doorsopen.
- In certain situations you can use heat lamps, safety first.
- You can install heat tapes and or pipe insulation.
Slow Drains or Backups
- Do not abuse your garbage disposals or kitchen drains, such as rice potato peelings or carrot peels, and nothing with roots like celery.
- Limit your grease going down the sink, wipe pans out with paper towels before heading for sink or dishwasher.
- You can treat your drains regularly with a drain cleaner like Bio-Clean or RootX cleaners.
- You can install heat tapes or pipe insulation.
- The only paper that goes in a toilet is toilet paper.
- No feminine napkins go in the toilet, put them in the trash.
- No hair creams or any other hair products.
TUBS & SHOWERS:
- Limit hair down the drain.
- Make sure you know where your main water shutoff valve is located, and that the valve works properly.
- Keep a lookout for leaks in cabinets where there is plumbing.
- If you are going to leave your house or business for a period of time make sure you cut your water off. Also turn off electric or gas to your water heater.
- Know where your sewer clean outs are located.
- Keep a lookout on any pump systems such as sump pumps or sewage injector pumps.